Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.42Trending at £5.52
- £19.59Trending at £26.35
- £14.90Trending at £17.00
- £9.22Trending at £9.53
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £7.69Trending at £7.76
- £5.28Trending at £5.73
About this product
- DescriptionShowcases a diverse range of modern Jewish writers from one of South America's most vibrant, multicultural communities. This anthology features the work of such internationally recognised figures as Moacyr Scliar and Clarice Lispector, including two early stories by Lispector that have never before appeared in English translation.
- Author BiographyNelson H. Vieira is a professor in the Department of Portuguese and Brazilian Studies and the Department of Judaic Studies at Brown University. He is the editor and translator of Samuel Rawet's The Prophet and Other Stories and the author of Jewish Voices in Brazilian Literature: A Prophetic Discourse of Alterity. Contributors: Bernardo Ajzenberg, Roney Cytrynowicz, Alberto Dines, Francisco Dzialovsky, Judith Grossmann, Jaco Guinsburg, Marcos Iolovitch, Paulo Jacob, Esther Largman, Jaime Lerner, Eliezer Levin, Clarice Lispector, Elisa Lispector, Samuel Malamud, Cintia Moscovich, Rosa Palatnik, Samuel Rawet, Samuel Reibscheid, Sonia Rosenblatt, Moacyr Scliar, and Amalia Zeitel.
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleJewish Writing in the Contemporary World
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight723 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byNelson H. Vieira
- Translated byNelson H. Vieira
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.