All listings for this product
Save on Politics & Government
- £7.12Trending at £9.99
- £27.30Trending at £29.09
- £11.43Trending at £12.21
- £10.20Trending at £12.99
- £14.98Trending at £21.37
- £28.89Trending at £30.54
About this product
- Description* An updated and expanded edition of this comprehensive collection of the essential texts in post-war political philosophy. * Reprints key articles, mainly unabridged, touching upon the nature of the state, democracy, justice, rights, liberty, equality and oppression.
- Author BiographyRobert E. Goodin is Distinguished Professor of Philosophy and of Social and Political Theory in the Research School of Social Sciences at Australian National University. He was the Founding Editor of Blackwell's Journal of Political Philosophy and General Editor of the ten-volume series of Oxford Handbooks of Political Science, in which he himself co-edits volumes on Public Policy (with Michael Moran and Martin Rein) and Contextual Political Analysis (with Charles Tilly). His recent own books include Reflective Democracy (2003) and What's Wrong with Terrorism? (2006). Philip Pettit is L.S.Rockefeller University Professor of Politics and Human Values at Princeton University. His recent publications include The Economy of Esteem, (2004, co-authored with Geoffrey Brennan), Rules, Reasons and Norms (2002), A Theory of Freedom (2001), Republicanism (1997), and Three Methods of Ethics (Blackwell 1997, co-authored with Marcia Baron and Michael Slote). Together, Robert E. Goodin and Philip Pettit are also the joint editors of A Companion to Contemporary Political Philosophy (Blackwell 1993; second edition in preparation).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2005
- GenrePolitical Science & Theory
- Series TitleBlackwell Philosophy Anthologies
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Weight1528 g
- Width189 mm
- Height261 mm
- Edited byPhilip Pettit,Robert E. Goodin
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.