Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £53.50Trending at £55.24
- £5.35Trending at £5.46
- £22.74Trending at £23.30
- £7.00Trending at £7.15
- £17.24Trending at £17.61
- £10.79Trending at £14.99
- £7.99Trending at £8.13
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting timber architecture as an integral part of the Slovenian landscape, this book covers some fifty projects, offering descriptions, photographs and plans. Coverage includes residential areas, offices, tourist, educational and industrial buildings.
- Author BiographyAssist. Prof. dr. Manja Kitek Kuzman of the University of Ljubljana researches timber construction and focuses on the study of design models of contemporary energy-efficient timber buildings, which combine the know-how of architecture, design and timber construction. Dr Kuzman's teaching and research work is focused on the advances in wood construction and the potentials of innovative use of wood. Her work cooperates with Slovenian and foreign manufacturers of prefabricated timber houses with the aim to connect science with practice. She participates in various national and international projects and transfer scientific research findings into education and organizes, in cooperation with the Chamber of Architecture and Environmental Planning of Slovenia, seminars on timber construction, disseminates knowledge and helps raise the awareness of the lay public on the advantages of the use of wood for construction purposes.
- Author(s)Andreja Kutnar,Manja Kitek Kuzman
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication16/09/2014
- Series TitleGreen Energy and Technology
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note218 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight444 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.