All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA study of the relationship between energy production and political power.
- Author BiographyJohn-Andrew McNeish is associate professor at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) and senior researcher at Chr. Michelsen Institute (CMI). His research focuses on indigenous politics and participation in resource politics and governance. McNeish has authored and co-authored a number of publications, including Flammable Societies: Studies on the Socio-Economics of Oil and Gas (2012), Gender Justice and Legal Pluralities: Latin American and African Perspectives (2013), and Indigenous Peoples and Poverty: An International Perspective (Zed Books, 2005). He is currently carrying out research for the Norwegian Research Council-funded Extracting Justice project.Axel Borchgrevink is associate professor at Oslo and Akershus University College (HIOA). He is an anthropologist who has considerable international consultancy experience and has worked on a range of development issues in Africa, Asia and Latin America. He is a former co-editor of the journal Forum for Development Studies, and his book Clean and Green: Knowledge and Morality in a Philippine Farming Community was published in 2014.Owen Logan is a photographer and research fellow at the University of Aberdeen, where he worked closely with the `Lives in the Oil Industry' oral history project. Between 2007 and 2014 he was a contributing editor to Variant magazine and is co-editor with John Andrew McNeish of Flammable Societies: Studies on the Socio-Economics of Oil and Gas (2012). His work as a photographer has been widely exhibited and his images are in several public collections, including the Scottish Parliament. In connection with the Contested Powers project he co-curated, with Kirsten Lloyd, the exhibition The King's Peace: Realism and War at the Stills Gallery in Edinburgh in 2014.
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication11/06/2015
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edited byAxel Borchgrevnik,John-Andrew McNeish,Owen Logan
Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £7.12Trending at £9.99
- £27.11Trending at £29.09
- £11.43Trending at £12.26
- £10.20Trending at £12.99
- £14.98Trending at £21.37
- £28.89Trending at £30.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.