All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £14.50Trending at £19.55
- £29.14Trending at £34.99
- £17.90Trending at £19.97
- £10.99Trending at £12.90
- £3.60Trending at £4.02
- £34.79Trending at £40.16
- £33.65Trending at £35.69
About this product
- DescriptionBy introducing the contemporary context of midwifery practice, this book helps students to understand the problems many women face in society. Covering topics including violence, mental and sexual health, the rising obesity epidemic and increases in numbers of women from non-UK countries the authors emphasise the fact that students need to be aware of their public health responsibilities and discuss various health promotion strategies.
- Author BiographyHelen Muscat is the Midwifery Academic Team Leader and Lead Midwife for Education at Canterbury Christ Church University. She also leads the Public Health modules for Student Midwives within the university. She is also a Supervisor of Midwives (SOM) and has an interest in Student Fitness for Practice and is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. Heather Passmore is a registered adult nurse and midwife with 30 years experience in education. She teaches across the midwifery curriculum at University Campus Suffolk, Ipswich and provides specialist undergraduate CPD modules to a range of professionals. She leads a Masters level work-based learning programme in Clinical Effectiveness for nurses, midwives and allied health professionals. Heather works as a Reproductive Sexual Health Nurse in 2 clinics in Suffolk which supports the transfer of knowledge, skills and expertise between the two roles. Sam Chenery Morris (RGN, RM, RSCN) is a Senior Lecturer in Midwifery at UCS. She has worked in all areas of midwifery practice, from the community to the delivery suite, from 1995-2003 before moving into teaching in 2006. Sam has an MA in Interprofessional Healthcare Education and is working on a PhD on grading in practice. She is the Course Leader for the BSc (Hons) Midwifery shortened programme. Her teaching expertise encompasses normal midwifery practice, neonatal care and screening, professional issues and research methods with her module responsibilities reflecting these areas. She is a link lecturer to local hospitals and has an External Examiner post at Middlesex University. Sam has presented at local, national and international conferences including RCM and RCN conferences, the Doctoral Midwifery Research Society Global Conference and International Confederation of Midwives Congress. She has written chapters in edited books and articles in midwifery journals, including Evidence Based Midwifery, MIDIRS, and Nurse Education in Practice.
- Author(s)Heather Passmore,Helen Muscat,Sam Chenery-Morris
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication19/05/2015
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleTransforming Midwifery Practice Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.