Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £19.59Trending at £26.34
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.38Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £12.17Trending at £13.80
- £5.28Trending at £5.79
About this product
- DescriptionContextualism has become one of the leading paradigms in contemporary epistemology. This comprehensive anthology collects twenty essays and commentaries on different aspects of contextualism. It contains papers that explore, inter alia, the central problems and prospects of semantic contextualism and its main alternative approaches.
- Author BiographyElke Brendel is Professor of Philosophy at the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz, Germany. She has published numerous articles on logic, epistemology, the philosophy of science, and the philosophy of language. She is the author of Die Wahrheit uber den Lugner (The Truth About the Liar, 1992), Grundzuge der Logik II - Klassen, Relationen, Zahlen (Foundations of Logic II - Sets, Relations, Numbers, with Wilhelm K. Essler, 1993), and Wahrheit und Wissen (Truth and Knowledge, 1999). Christoph Jager is Lecturer in Philosophy at Aberdeen University, United Kingdom, and Privatdozent of Philosophy (honorary office) at the University of Leipzig, Germany. He has published numerous articles on epistemology, the philosophy of mind, and the philosophy of religion. Books: Selbstreferenz und Selbstbewusstsein (Self-reference and Self-knowledge, 1999), Analytische Religionsphilosophie (Analytic Philosophy of Religion, ed., 1998), Kunst und Erkenntnis (Art and Knowledge, ed., with Georg Meggle, 2004), Religion und Rationalitat (Religion and Rationality, forthcoming).
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication02/03/2005
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byChristoph Jager,Elke Brendel
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.