Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.15
- £9.60Trending at £9.77
- £12.17Trending at £13.36
- £6.95Trending at £8.98
- £6.36Trending at £6.94
- £11.51Trending at £15.73
- £5.54Trending at £5.98
About this product
- DescriptionDespite changes in sovereignty and in religious thought, certain aspects of Iranian culture and identity have persisted since antiquity. This book examines the history of Iran from its ancient roots to the Islamic period, focusing on pre-Islamic Persian religions and literature and their influence upon later Muslim practices and precepts in Iran.
- Author BiographyFereshteh Davaran teaches Persian language courses in the San Francisco Bay area, most recently at the University of California, Berkeley, and at De Anza and Diablo Valley Colleges. She has translated three classic works of English literature into Persian and has published many literary reviews in both languages.
- Author(s)Fereshteh Davaran
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/02/2010
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleIranian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.