Save on Adult Learning & University
- £13.56Trending at £13.84
- £14.67Trending at £14.90
- £11.15Trending at £14.52
- £16.96Trending at £24.61
- £17.29Trending at £28.07
- £23.56Trending at £40.22
- £11.91Trending at £20.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise guide to a vast field punches above its weight with its streamlined presentation of the full spectrum of subfields such as elasticity, rheology and thermoelectricity alongside core coverage of the governing principles of continuum physics.
- Author BiographyPeter Hertel studied physics, mathematics and philosophy at the universities of Hamburg (Germany), Imperial College (London, UK) and Vienna (Austria) where he received his Ph.D. His scientific career led him to Heidelberg (Germany), CERN (Geneva, Switzerland), Vienna and Osnabruck (Germany) where he was appointed full professor. Although retired by now, he continues lecturing at the Applied Physics School of Nankai University (Tianjin, China). His research interests were elementary particles, statistical thermodynamics, theoretical optics and computational physics. For more than 40 years he has taught practically all subjects of theoretical physics and mathematics at different levels.
- Author(s)Peter Hertel
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication19/09/2014
- Series TitleGraduate Texts in Physics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content NoteXVIII, 278 p.
- Weight456 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2012 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.