All listings for this product
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £18.99Trending at £26.40
- £45.12Trending at £47.58
- £38.13Trending at £42.29
- £12.21Trending at £15.88
- £8.33Trending at £10.01
- £13.11Trending at £13.62
- £12.86Trending at £16.88
About this product
- DescriptionThere are many ways in which controlled release optimizes drug performance. This volume includes contributions from academics and R&D technicians alike, which cover every facet of the subject, from physiology of the gastrointestinal tract to polymer science.
- Author BiographyClive Wilson is the J. P. Todd Professor of Pharmaceutics at Strathclyde University in Glasgow, Scotland and the current president of the European Union Federation for Pharmaceutical Sciences. He is the Chief Scientist of Bio-Images Research Group, a Phase II imaging specialist clinical unit in Glasgow Royal Infirmary.Major areas of research have been the study of the behaviour of drug formulations in man. With colleagues at Nottingham, he pioneered applications of scintigraphy in the study of physiological and patho-physiological effects of transit on drug absorption and began the investigations into regional drug absorption in man. This was later applied to the design and optimisation of oral dosage forms, in silico modelling of formulations in man and studies on IVIVR. He has published more than 150 papers, six books and over 130 reviews and book chapters. He was made a fellow of the Controlled Release Society in June 2010 and a Fellow of the Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences in September 2010. Patrick Crowley has over 40 years' experience in dosage form development in the pharmaceutical industry, in both the UK and USA. He has played key roles in the development of 16 commercial products, including fermentation products, semi synthetics, synthetic structures and a biopharmaceutical product and holds several formulation-related Patents. His interests and publications include drug and product stability, enhancing performance by dosage form design and the application of Quality by Design principles and practices in dosage form development, manufacture and control.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- GenreIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleAdvances in Delivery Science and Technology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note63 Tables, black and white; XIV, 414 p.
- Weight801 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byClive G. Wilson,Patrick J. Crowley
- Edition Statement2011
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.