All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA brand new edition of book made famous by the film starring Paul Newman to tie-in with a new West End Theatre production. Includes an introduction by the film critic Andrea Quirke.
- Author BiographyDon Pearce has been a machinist's helper, a merchant marine, a safecracker and a convict. Cool Hand Luke was written using his own experiences of working on a Florida chain gang. It was famously filmed in 1967 by Stuart Rosenberg, the year after its initial publication, starring Paul Newman. The screenplay, scripted by Pearce himself, was nominated for an Academy Award. He subsequently wrote three other novels, Pier Head Jump, Dying in the Sun and Nobody Comes Back. He now works as a private investigator in Florida.
- Author(s)Donn Pearce
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight190 g
- Width132 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Introduction byAntonia Quirke
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.24Trending at £4.43
- £33.40Trending at £39.29
- £8.36Trending at £15.33
- £6.09Trending at £6.29
- £10.97Trending at £13.47
- £3.80Trending at £4.52
- £4.79Trending at £6.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.