All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplores southern food culture. This fifth volume spans the food cultures of the South, and celebrates food and the ways in which it forges unexpected relationships between people and places. It also features essays that examine Nashville's obsession with hot chicken and the South's passion for congealed foods.
- Author BiographyFred W. Sauceman is an associate professor of Appalachian studies at East Tennessee State University. He is the author of four books including the three-volume series The Place Setting, which explores Appalachian foodways. He directed and produced the documentary A Red Hot Dog Digest. Sauceman's Food with Fred appears monthly on WJHL-TV, the CBS affiliate in Johnson City, Tennessee. The Southern Foodways Alliance documents, studies, and celebrates the diverse food cultures of the changing American South. It is a member-supported organization of more than 1,000 cooks, thinkers, academics, writers, and eaters. Atlantic Monthly called the SFA this country's most intellectually engaged (and probably most engaging) food society. www.southernfoodways.org. John T. Edge is director of the Southern Foodways Alliance and Cornbread Nation general editor. He is the author or editor of more than a dozen books, including The New Encyclopedia of Southern Culture: Foodways and A Gracious Plenty: Recipes and Recollections from the American South. Edge contributes to a wide array of publications, including the New York Times, Oxford American, and Garden & Gun. www.johntedge.com.
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2010
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Note16 b&w photos
- Width152 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byFred W. Sauceman,John T. Edge
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.99Trending at £17.30
- £23.54Trending at £24.06
- £18.29Trending at £22.21
- £21.69Trending at £22.68
- £23.71Trending at £26.31
- £22.69Trending at £24.29
- £20.52Trending at £22.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.