All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe eighteen chapters in this volume look at the use of corpus analysis for descriptive and pedagogical purposes, focusing on contexts where English is employed by specialists in the professions and academia. They also debate some of the challenges arising from the complex relationship between linguistic theory, data-mining tools and statistical methods.
- Author BiographyMaurizio Gotti is Professor of English Language and Translation, Head of the Department of Foreign Languages, Literatures and Communication, and Director of the Research Centre for LSP Research (CERLIS) at the University of Bergamo. His main research areas are the features and origins of specialized discourse. Davide S. Giannoni, PhD, is Associate Professor of English Language and Linguistics at the University of Bergamo. His research on academic and professional genres has appeared in several international journals. With Peter Lang he has published Mapping Academic Values in the Disciplines: A Corpus-Based Approach (2010).
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication15/03/2014
- Series TitleLinguistic Insights
- Series Part/Volume Number200
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight640 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edited byDavide Simone Giannoni,Maurizio Gotti
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £9.75Trending at £12.74
- £24.99Trending at £25.69
- £21.73Trending at £23.75
- £20.42Trending at £23.99
- £14.58Trending at £15.20
- £39.57Trending at £44.56
- £14.30Trending at £19.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.