Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £18.68Trending at £22.83
- £18.90Trending at £27.01
- £17.75Trending at £25.00
- £12.06Trending at £15.88
- £13.04Trending at £16.88
- £12.18Trending at £17.98
- £15.35Trending at £21.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe present compilation of ballads from the Mexican states of Guerrero and Oaxaca documents one of the world's great traditions of heroic song, a tradition that has thrived continuously for the last hundred years.
- Author BiographyJohn Holmes McDowell is a professor of folklore and ethnomusicology at Indiana University, USA. Among his earlier books is Poetry and Violence: The Ballad Tradition of Mexico's Costa Chica.
- PublisherUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Content Note45 halftones, 70 figures
- Weight825 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byJohn Holmes McDowell
- Photographs byPatricia Glushko
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.