CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Cosmic Plasma Physics: Proceedings of the Conference on Cosmic Plasma Physics Held at the European Space Research Institute (ESRIN), Frascati, Italy, September 20-24, 1971 by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Paperback, 2012)
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.22
- £9.10Trending at £11.04
- £24.21Trending at £25.48
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £27.75Trending at £48.19
- £10.46Trending at £14.24
- £15.43Trending at £24.44
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/12/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight728 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byKarl Schindler
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1972
- Table Of ContentsRelations between cosmic and laboratory plasma physics (IS).- Planetary Environments.- Magnetospheric substorms (IS).- Parametric instabilities generated in the ionosphere by intense radio waves (C).- Study of a Jovian plasmasphere and the occurrence of Jupiter radiobursts (C).- Effect of a large amplitude wave packet and second order resonance on the stimulation of VLF emissions (C).- Universal instability associated with the plasmapause and its role in geomagnetic micropulsations (C).- Deformation and striation of barium clouds in the ionosphere (C).- Solar Wind.- Thermal energy transport in the solar wind (IS).- The solar wind near the sun: the solar envelope (IT).- Influence of neutral interstellar matter on the expansion of the solar wind (C).- Hydrogen-helium expansion from the sun (C).- Heating of the solar wind ions (C).- On the generation of shock pairs in the solar wind (C).- Spectral anisotropy of Alfven waves in the solar wind (C).- Evidence for waves and/or turbulence in the vicinity of shocks in space (C).- Solar Wind Interaction with Planets and Comets.- Comets in the solar wind (IT).- Comet-like interaction of Venus with the solar wind (C).- Laboratory experiments on the interaction between a plasma and a neutral gas (IT).- Wave motion in type I comet tails (C).- Solar Physics.- Divers solar rotations (IS).- Soft x-ray spectral studies of solar flare plasmas (C).- Similarities between solar flares and laboratory hot plasma phenomena (C).- Gyromagnetic radiation from bunched electrons (C).- Observations of coronal magnetic field strengths and flux tubes and their stability (C).- Stellar and Interstellar Plasma.- The dynamical behavior of the interstellar gas, fields and cosmic rays (IS).- Stellar magnetohydrodynamics (IS).- Plasma turbulent heating and thermal x-ray sources (IS).- Pulsars.- Radio and optical observations of pulsars (IS).- Propagation of relativistic electromagnetic waves in a plasma (C).- A three-dimensional relativistic computation for the pulsar magnetosphere (C).- On the origin of pulsar radiation (IS).- Strong magnetic field effects in the pulsar crusts and atmospheres (C).- General Theory.- Cosmic ray spectrum and plasma turbulence (IS).- The properties of magnetic neutral sheet systems (IT).- Field line motion in the presence of finite conductivity (C).- Shock Waves, Turbulence.- Collisionless shocks (IS).- Non-linear evolution of firehose-unstable Alfven waves (C).- Resonant diffusion in strongly turbulent plasmas (C).- The structure of the earth's bow shock (C).- Experimental study of electron and ion heating in high-? perpendicular collisionless shock waves (C).- Nonlinear theory of cross-field and two-stream instabilities in the equatorial electrojet (C).- Cosmic Rays.- Fermi acceleration in interplanetary space (C).- The galactic cosmic ray diurnal variation as a streaming plasma interaction between galactic and solar corpuscular radiation (C).- The interplanetary conditions associated with cosmic ray Forbush decreases (C).- The diurnal effect of cosmic rays and its dependence on the interplanetary magnetic field (C).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.