Best-selling in Psychology & Help
Save on Psychology & Help
- £10.52Trending at £11.31
- £14.50Trending at £16.59
- £14.96Trending at £21.72
- £10.52Trending at £12.99
- £8.88Trending at £11.95
- £4.88Trending at £5.84
- £8.88Trending at £11.95
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/07/2014
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleThe Routledge Series on Counseling and Psychotherapy with Boys and Men
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight294 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byMichael M. Kocet
- Table Of ContentsPart 1: Understanding the Developmental Needs of Gay Men, Adolescents, and Boys. 1. Coming Out and Identity Development Needs in Gay Men, Adolescents, and Boys Joseph Manera and Denis Frank. 2. The Role of Friendships in the Lives of Gay Men, Adolescents, and Boys Michael M. Kocet. Part 2: Cultural Issues with Sexual Minority Men, Adolescents, and Boys. 3. Cultural Considerations: Helping Gay Men, Teens, and Boys Integrate a Racial and Sexual Identity Richmond Wynn, Joel Filmore, and Derrick A. Paladino. 4. Addressing Spirituality When Counseling Gay Boys, Adolescents, and Men Samuel Sanabria and Joffrey Suprina. Part 3: Developing Integral Partnerships in the Treatment of Gay Men, Adolescents, and Boys. 5. Assessment and Treatment of the Medical Needs of Gay Men, Adolescents and Boys James Leone, Elizabeth Mullin, and Shan Mohammed. 6. The Mental Health and Counseling Needs of Gay Men, Adolescents, and Boys Larry D. Burlew, Nichole Pulliam, and Kathleen Grant. 7. The Impact of Substance Abuse and Addiction in the Lives of Gay Men, Adolescents, and Boys Michael P. Chaney and Michael Brubaker. 8. Recognizing the Needs of Sexual Minority Boys and Adolescents in Schools Melissa M. Luke and Kristopher M. Goodrich. 9. The Role of Career & Leisure Needs in the Lives of Gay Men, Adolescents, and Boys Jane Goodman and Paul Battle. Part 4: Counseling Special Populations: Sexual and Gender Minority Boys, Adolescents, and Men. 10. Non-Gay Men and Boys: Working With Men, Teens, and Boys Who Identify as Bisexual Jason Patton, Jeff Lubsen, and Stacee Reicherzer. 11. Counseling in the Periphery of Queer Discourse: Transgender Children, Adolescence, Women, and Men Stacee Reicherzer, Andrew S. Garland-Forshee, and Jason Patton.
- Author BiographyMichael M. Kocet, PhD, is associate professor and chair in the department of counselor education at Bridgewater State University. He is a licensed mental health counselor, a nationally certified counselor, and the author of numerous journal articles and book chapters on ethics and LGBT issues. Dr. Kocet is past president of the Association for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Issues in Counseling and has presented at local, state, and national conferences in counseling and student affairs. He is sought as a national speaker and consultant on LGBT issues and counseling ethics.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.