All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe only authored, pedagogical textbook to address the range of transcultural issues in therapy; Patricia D'Ardenne draws on over 40 years of experience to explore ethnic, linguistic, religious, economic, political and environmental difference and give practical advice on how to work effectively in a world on the move.
- Author BiographyPatricia d'Ardenne is a clinical and counselling psychologist with 40 years' practice, teaching and research in London and overseas. She began work researching in Nashville, Tennessee, returned as Psychology lecturer at the Institute of Psychiatry, and then established an English Language Mental Health Service in Brussels. She returned to East London, and published adapted psychological treatments for the young Bangladeshi community there , as well as those with refugee experience. Her doctoral thesis was on multi-cultural psychology approaches for diverse communities. Patricia co-founded the Special Interest Group on Race and Culture within the British Psychological Society, where she met Aruna Mahtani, and with her, wrote Transcultural Counselling in Action, first & second editions for SAGE ( 1989 & 1999). In the last decade , Patricia established the Institute of Psychotrauma, an East London Foundation NHS Trust specialist service, where she undertook research on the use of interpreters in trauma-focussed therapies. Patricia currently chairs a Global Health Link between East London and Uganda- a government supported partnership for mental health development, where she has been training practitioners since 2006 in psychological therapies in post conflict settings. Patricia teaches transcultural psychological approaches at Queen Mary College. She is an Associate with Interhealth Worldwide, preparing and supporting staff on humanitarian missions overseas aid workers, and was recently elected to join the Psychological Health of Travellers Group within the International Society for Travel Medicine.
- Author(s)Patricia M. d'Ardenne
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication19/11/2012
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
Best-selling in Psychology & Help
Save on Psychology & Help
- £6.35Trending at £7.83
- £13.60Trending at £14.98
- £8.31Trending at £8.51
- £6.29Trending at £7.46
- £29.70Trending at £30.21
- £11.97Trending at £12.99
- £33.52Trending at £41.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.