CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.15Trending at £23.46
- £23.91Trending at £24.43
- £40.81Trending at £44.31
- £26.30Trending at £26.79
- £38.57Trending at £43.85
- £12.69Trending at £13.14
- £20.30Trending at £26.91
About this product
- DescriptionThe United States is one of the only developed countries to allow a military presence in public schools, including an active role for military recruiters. This militarization of educational space has spawned a little-noticed grassroots resistance. This book provides the first account of the small, but sophisticated, counter-recruitment movement.
- Author BiographyScott Harding is Associate Professor and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at the School of Social Work, University of Connecticut, USA. He has extensive advocacy and organizing experience on issues of homelessness, affordable housing, welfare, community development, and transnational labor solidarity. He was Executive Director and Policy Coordinator for the California Homeless & Housing Coalition, USA. He is a Board Member of Integrated Refugee and Immigrant Services (IRIS), and former Editor of The Journal of Community Practice. Seth Kershner is an independent writer and researcher whose primary focus is the US military's growing presence in public schools. His work has appeared in a number of academic journals and books, as well as popular outlets such as In These Times, Rethinking Schools, and Sojourners, among others. Kershner currently works as a reference librarian at Northwestern Connecticut Community College, USA.
- Author(s)Scott Harding,Seth Kershner
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication10/09/2015
- GenreAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note1 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight390 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.