Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.48Trending at £6.46
- £9.99Trending at £12.34
- £14.86Trending at £15.05
- £19.59Trending at £26.28
- £9.46Trending at £12.99
- £13.65Trending at £14.08
- £12.17Trending at £13.76
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the Cold War an unlikely coalition of poets, editors, and politicians converged in an attempt to discredit - if not destroy - the American modernist avant-garde. In Counter-Revolution of the Word Alan Filreis narrates the story of this movement and assesses its effect on American poetry and poetics.
- Author BiographyAlan Filreis is Kelly Professor of English, faculty director of the Kelly Writers House, and director of the Center for Programs in Contemporary Writing at the University of Pennsylvania. He is author of three other books, including Modernism from Right to Left: Wallace Stevens, the Thirties, and Literary Radicalism.
- Author(s)Alan Filreis
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2014
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.