CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.98Trending at £24.86
- £26.30Trending at £26.86
- £17.70Trending at £25.33
- £20.30Trending at £26.83
- £16.38Trending at £16.77
- £24.99Trending at £30.20
- £20.87Trending at £21.09
About this product
- DescriptionContextualizes the issues related to terrorism and places the discourse within the ambit of sociocultural theories. This book goes beyond the obvious and commonsensical notions and discusses the relevant issues from interdisciplinary perspectives, informed by theoretical stances of not only psychological sciences, but other social sciences.
- Author BiographyUpdesh Kumar, Ph.D., is a Scientist 'F' and in the chair of the Head, Mental Health Division at Defence Institute of Psychological Research, R&D Organization, Ministry of Defence, Delhi, India. Dr Kumar obtained his Doctorate degree from Punjab University, Chandigarh. With more than 23 years of experience as a scientist in R&D organization, he specializes in the area of suicidal behavior, personality assessment, and personnel selection and has developed a number of psychological tests and assessment tools. Dr Kumar has been a psychological assessor (psychologist) in various services selection boards for eight years for the selection of officers in Indian Armed Forces. He is a certified psychologist by The British Psychological Society with level 'A' and level 'B' Certificate of Competence in Occupational Testing. He has to his credit many important research projects relating to the Armed Forces. Dr Kumar has edited four quality volumes on 'Recent Developments in Psychology,' 'Counseling: A Practical Approach,' 'Suicidal Behaviour: Assessment of People at Risk' (SAGE Publications), and recently 'Countering Terrorism: Psychosocial Strategies' published by SAGE Publications, 'Positive Psychology: Applications in Work, Health and Well-being' (in press, Pearson Publication) and 'Suicidal Behaviour: Underlying Dynamics' (in press, Routledge Publication, UK). Dr Kumar has authored manuals on 'Suicide and Fratricide: Dynamics and Management' for defense personnel, 'Managing Emotions in Daily Life & at Work Place' for general population, 'Overcoming Obsolescence & Becoming Creative in R&D Environment' for R&D organizations, and 'Self-Help Techniques in Military Settings.' He has authored more than 50 other academic publications in the form of research papers, journal articles, and book chapters and represented his institute at national and international level. He has been the recipient of Defence R&D organization's (DRDO) Technology Group Award in 2001 and 2009, and Professor Manju Thakur Memorial Award 2009 by Indian Academy of Psychology (IAAP). He was also conferred with the DRDO's Best Popular Science Communication Award 2009 by Hon'ble Defence Minister of India and DRDO Technology Day Award, 2012 by Hon'ble Scientific Advisor to Defence Minister. Dr Kumar has been recently conferred upon with the prestigious DRDO's Scientist of the Year Award 2013 by the Government of India. Manas K. Mandal, Ph.D., is currently Director General (Life Sciences), Defence R&D Organization (DRDO), Ministry of Defence, Government of India, Delhi. Dr Mandal obtained his postgraduate and Doctorate degrees from Calcutta University in 1979 and 1984, respectively. He has completed his Postdoctoral Research Program at Delware University (Fulbright Fellow), USA in 1986-1987 and at Waterloo University (Shastri & NSERC Fellow), Canada in 1993-1994. Dr Mandal was a Professor of Psychology at Department of Humanities & Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. He was also a visiting professor at Kyushu University, Japan in 1997. During 2003, he was a Fulbright Visiting Lecturer, Harvard University, USA. He has been awarded various Research Fellowships and Scientific Awards such as International Scientific Exchange Award (Canada), Seymour Kety Grant (USA). Recipient of four prestigious awards from the Prime Minister of India, Young Scientist Award (1986), Agni Award for Excellence in Self-Reliance (2005), Scientist-of-the Year Award (2006), Technology Spin-Off Award (2007). Dr Mandal has to his credit seven books, and over 100 research papers/chapters published in peer-reviewed journals/books. These researches are cited in more than 125 international journals and books.
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2012
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byManas K. Mandal,Updesh Kumar
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.