Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.48Trending at £6.46
- £9.99Trending at £12.34
- £14.86Trending at £15.05
- £19.59Trending at £26.28
- £9.46Trending at £12.99
- £13.65Trending at £14.08
- £12.17Trending at £13.76
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1852 a record number of women helped keep the wagons rolling over the perilous western trails. This book is devoted to families headed for California that year. It features the diaries and letters of six women that describe the rigors en route, trailside celebrations and tragedies, the scourge of cholera, and encounters with the Indians.
- Author BiographyKenneth L. Holmes was a professor of history at Western Oregon State College. He edited and compiled Covered Wagon Women, drawing on archives and private sources. Glenda Riley is a professor of history at Ball State University. Her numerous works on women in the American West include Building and Breaking Families in the American West.
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/04/1997
- GenreAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNebraska
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBison Books
- Content NoteIllus.
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byKenneth L. Holmes
- Introduction byGlenda Riley
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.