Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £5.02Trending at £5.10
- £20.03Trending at £22.54
- £16.02Trending at £22.20
- £28.00Trending at £34.27
- £23.47Trending at £35.31
- £44.17Trending at £51.85
- £23.89Trending at £37.59
About this product
- Author(s)Beverly Yuen Thompson
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication24/07/2015
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleAlternative Criminology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Table Of ContentsContents Acknowledgments vii Introduction: Becoming Covered 1 1. Sailors, Criminals, and Prostitutes: The History of a Lingering Tattoo Stigma 21 2. I Want to Be Covered : Heavily Tattooed Women Challenge the Dominant Beauty Culture 35 3. I � � Mom : Family Responses toward Tattooed Women 65 4. Covering Work: Dress Code Policies, Tattoos, and the Law 89 5. Is the Tattoo Guy Here? : Women Tattoo Artists' Experience Working in a Male-Dominated Profession 122 6. Tattoos Are Not for Touching: Public Space, Stigma, and Social Sanctions 151 Conclusion: Toward a Tattoo Etiquette 177 Notes 183 Index 199 About the Author 207
- Author BiographyBeverly Yuen Thompson is Assistant Professor of Sociology at Siena College in Loudonville, NY.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.