All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.99Trending at £26.92
- £8.20Trending at £10.35
- £9.51Trending at £10.11
- £10.43Trending at £11.80
- £24.99Trending at £33.59
- £9.08Trending at £10.46
- £5.21Trending at £5.69
About this product
- DescriptionExamines some of the myriad forms of popular culture in the Niagara region of Canada. This book covers topics such as: local bicycle parades and war memorials, cooking and wine culture, radio and movie-going, music stores and music scenes, tourist sites, and blackface minstrel shows.
- Author BiographyJoan Nicks is an adjunct professor in the Department of Communication, Popular Culture and Film at Brock University. She is co-editor with Jeannette Sloniowski of Slippery Pastimes: Reading the Popular in Canadian Culture (WLU Press, 2002). Her writing on film and popular culture has appeared in Candid Eyes: Essays on Canadian Documentaries (2003), Gendering the Nation: Canadian Womenas Cinema (1999), Documenting the Documentary: Close Readings of Documentary Film and Video (1998), and various journals. Barry Keith Grant is a professor of film studies and popular culture at Brock University. He is the author or editor of twenty books, including 100 Documentary Films (with Jim Hillier, 2009), Auteurs and Authorship: A Film Reader (2007), Film Genre: Film Iconography to Ideology (2007), Film Genre Reader (2003) and The Dread of Difference: Gender and the Horror Film (1996), and his work has appeared in numerous journals and anthologies. He edits the Contemporary Approaches to Film and Television series for Wayne State University Press and the New Approaches to Film Genre series for Wiley Blackwell.
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication20/05/2010
- GenreNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Content Noteb/w photos & colour illus
- Weight478 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byBarry Keith Grant,Joan Nicks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.