CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.99Trending at £28.17
- £26.57Trending at £27.18
- £8.39Trending at £8.60
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £6.98Trending at £7.10
- £10.49Trending at £10.83
About this product
- DescriptionThe capital of the US Empire after World War II was not a city. It was an American suburb. This title chronicles how the CIA and other national security institutions created a US imperial home front in the suburbs of Northern Virginia.
- Author BiographyAndrew Friedman is an Assistant Professor of History at Haverford College. He has written for a wide variety of publications, including the New York Times, the Journal of Urban History, the Baffler, and the Village Voice. He was awarded an Honorable Mention for the 2015 Society of Architectural Historians Spiro Kostof Book Award.
- Author(s)Andrew Friedman
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication06/09/2013
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleAmerican Crossroads
- Series Part/Volume Number37
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note22 b/w photographs, 8 maps
- Weight494 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.