All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Chris Walsh
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication22/11/2016
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note38 halftones. 3 line illus. 1 table.
- Weight369 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction 1 Chapter 1 Profiles in Cowardice: A Shadow History of the Home of the Brave 23 Chapter 2 Of Arms and Men 45 Chapter 3 The Ways of Excessive Fear 77 Chapter 4 Duty-Bound 100 Chapter 5 The Rise of the Therapeutic 131 Chapter 6 So Long a File: Cowardice Away from War 165 Acknowledgments 195 Notes 199 Bibliography 249 Illustration Credits 277 Index 281
- Author BiographyChris Walsh is associate director of the College of Arts and Sciences Writing Program at Boston University.
- PrizesWinner of Bronze Medal Winner in the Independent Publisher Book Awards, World History category 2015.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £19.15Trending at £19.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.15
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £10.09Trending at £10.44
- £11.10Trending at £14.95
- £54.14Trending at £82.72
- £5.20Trending at £5.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.