All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a summary of studies on the Canadian ranching frontier. This collection of essays provides a perspective on the developments in the historiography of the range, drawing from topics such as Wild West shows, artistic depictions of the cowboy, and the economic and practical aspects of early cattle ranching.
- Author BiographySarah Carter is the Henry Marshall Tory Chair Professor of History at the University of Alberta. She has written extensively in the areas of women's, aboriginal, and Western history. Bill Yeo has retired from his position as Senior Historian and Chief of Historical and Archaeological Research for Parks Canada. Simon Evans is a professor of geography at the Memorial University of Newfoundland. Henry C. Klassen taught history for many years at the University of Calgary. He published two other books with the University of Calgary Press: Luther H. Holton: A Founding Canadian Entrepreneur and A Business History of Alberta. Max Foran has been working the field of western Canadian history for over thirty years and has published on various urban, rural, and cultural topics. He is currently a professor in the Department of Communication and Culture at the University of Calgary.
- PublisherUniversity of Calgary Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2000
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationCalgary
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Calgary Press
- Content Note45 photos & illus, 2maps
- Weight415 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited bySimon M. Evans
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.38
- £24.31Trending at £34.98
- £9.41Trending at £16.98
- £9.53Trending at £14.98
- £7.60Trending at £9.99
- £18.98Trending at £30.00
- £7.60Trending at £9.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.