All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Sera L. Young
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication14/09/2012
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note20 halftones, 16 line drawings, 3 tables
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Table Of ContentsList of IllustrationsPrefacePart I: All About Pica 1. What on Earth?2. A Biocultural Approach: A Holistic Way to Study Pica 3. Medicine You Can Walk On4. Religious Geophagy: Sacredness You Can Swallow5. Poisons and PathogensPart II: But Why? 6. Dismissal and Damnation: A Historical Perspective on the Purported Causes of Pica7. Pica in Response to Food Shortage8: Pica as a Micronutrient Supplement9: Pica to Protect and Detoxify10. Putting the Pica Pieces TogetherAppendix A: Notable Moments in the History of PicaAppendix B: Prevalence of Pica Among Representative Populations of Pregnant WomenAppendix C: Prevalence of Pica Among Representative Populations of ChildrenAppendix D: Pica in LiteratureAppendix E: Association Between Pica and Iron Deficiency and/or Anemia in Cross-Sectional StudiesAppendix F: Association Between Pica with Zinc Deficiency in Cross-Sectional Studies Appendix G: PredictionsNotesGlossaryWorks CitedAcknowledgmentsIndex
- Author BiographySera L. Young is a faculty member of the Division of Nutritional Sciences at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.50
- £18.69Trending at £23.69
- £3.95Trending at £4.02
- £10.30Trending at £15.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.