All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £11.34Trending at £11.58
- £31.22Trending at £32.09
- £23.02Trending at £23.27
- £25.98Trending at £26.99
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £17.28Trending at £22.31
- £12.96Trending at £16.81
About this product
- DescriptionWhy do physicians who've taken the Hippocratic Oath willingly cut into seemingly healthy patients? How do you measure the success of surgery aimed at making someone happier by altering his or her body? This title explores such questions.
- Author BiographySander L. Gilman is Henry R. Luce Professor of the Liberal Arts in Human Biology, Professor and Chair of the Department of Germanic Studies, and Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Chicago. He is the author or editor of over fifty books, including Freud, Race, and Gender; The Jew's Body; and Disease and Representation: Images of Illness from Madness to AIDS.
- Author(s)Sander L. Gilman
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication25/09/1998
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.