All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers an abundance of fun games that help children to confront personal problems in a light-hearted yet meaningful way. These are games with a difference, as they must be constructed before they can be played. The creation aspect involves collaboration within a team, and instils an empowering sense of ownership in the creators.
- Author BiographyVicky Barber has worked for many years as a lecturer in the creative arts and arts therapies. She currently teaches an art therapy course at City University London, and runs individual art therapy sessions with children and young people who have behavioural problems, in addition to running a successful private practice. In her previous work as an art therapist, she ran groups in the community, in a day care centre, and within her college, working with a wide range of people, from carers and teachers to social workers, artists, and those with mental health problems and learning difficulties. This book was created through her work as an art therapist, and the games have been put to the test with a variety of clients with excellent results. Her website can be visited at www.vickyb.demon.co.uk.
- Author(s)Vicky Barber
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/12/2010
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note40 black and white illustrations
- Weight244 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.50
- £18.69Trending at £23.68
- £9.95Trending at £10.13
- £8.74Trending at £8.89
- £10.30Trending at £15.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.