All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book evaluates vacation experience value, as it is created and co-created by the tourist engaging in the experience, for himself, other tourists and the tourism firm. Providing a framework to distinguish among key resources or antecedents of customer value, this book also considers consumer behaviour.
- Author Biographyis a Professor at Buskerud and Vestfold University College and at UiT The Arctic University of Norway. She has published papers in various tourism journals. Her research focuses particularly on the tourist decision and experience processes, where co-creation of value for hosts and guests are in focus. Her teaching experiences include marketing, tourism marketing and management, service quality and branding strategies. Prebensen has been part of 25 business boards, and has a long history in co-operating with the tourism industry. Dr. Joseph S. Chen is a faculty member of the Department of Recreation, Park and Tourism Studies at Indiana University at Bloomington, USA. He has been identified by premier tourism/hospitality journals (Tourism Management and Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research) as one of the leading tourism scholars worldwide. He has received international research awards and fellowships including US Fulbright Senior Scholar. is a management psychologist (Ph.D., U/Massachusetts, 1979), Professor of Marketing, and Virginia Real estate Research Fellow at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech). He has published extensively in the area of marketing, business ethics, and quality of life (QOL). He is the author/editor of many books related to consumer marketing and quality of life. He also served editor of the QOL section in the Journal of Macromarketing (1995-present). He received the Virginia Tech's Pamplin Teaching Excellence Award/Holtzman Outstanding Educator Award and University Certificate of Teaching Excellence in 2008. In 2010, ISQOLS honoured him for excellence and lifetime service to the society. In 2010 he won the Best Paper Award in the Journal of Happiness Studies for his theory of the balanced life; in 2011 also he won the Best Paper Award in the Journal of Travel Research for his goal theory of leisure travel satisfaction. In 2012 he was awarded the EuroMed Management Research Award for outstanding achievements and ground breaking contributions to well-being and quality-of-life research. He also was the editor of ISQOLS/Springer book series on handbooks in QOL research and the community QOL indicators best practices. Muzaffer Uysal is a professor and chair in the Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management - Isenberg School of Management at University of Massachusetts. He is a member of International Academy for the Study of Tourism, the Academy of Leisure Sciences, and serves as co-founder of Tourism Analysis: An Interdisciplinary Journal. In addition, he sits on the editorial boards of more than ten journals, including Journal of Travel Research and Annals of Tourism Research. He has authored and co-authored numerous articles, monographs, and several books related to tourism research methods, tourist service satisfaction, tourism and quality-of-life, experience value in tourism, tourism-related scales, and management science applications in tourism and hospitality. Dr. Uysal has received a number of awards for research, excellence in international education, teaching excellence, and best paper awards. His current research interests focus on tourism demand/supply interaction, tourism development, and quality-of-life research in tourism.
- PublisherCABI Publishing
- Date of Publication09/07/2014
- GenreBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWallingford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCABI Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight790 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byJoseph S. Chen,Muzaffer Uysal,Nina K. Prebensen
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £42.81Trending at £44.99
- £40.97Trending at £44.62
- £12.27Trending at £15.18
- £8.24Trending at £10.00
- £4.94Trending at £7.98
- £16.20Trending at £18.99
- £56.77Trending at £60.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.