All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Herbert Girardet
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Table Of Contents1. Introduction and summary, 2. Resource use in an urbanizing world, 3. Agropolis - the city in its local landscape, 4. Living in Petropolis, 5. Cities and entropy, 6. The urban metabolism, 7. From Petropolis to Ecopolis, 8. Case studies
- Author BiographyProf. Herbert Girardet is a prolific author, conference speaker and international consultant in the field of cultural and urban ecology. He is a recipient of a UN 'Global 500 Award for Outstanding Environmental Achievements', a member of the Club of Rome, and the World Academy of Art and Science, and an Honorary Fellow of the Royal Institute of British Architects. He is a former chairman of the Schumacher Society, UK, and a trustee of the charity Artists Project Earth. He is a co-founder, former programme director and honorary member of the World Future Council. In 2003 he was inaugural 'Thinker in Residence' in Adelaide, developing regenerative development strategies for South Australia which have been largely implemented. Most recently he has been working extensively in the Middle East and also in Bristol.
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £17.94
- £32.34Trending at £34.08
- £13.79Trending at £19.95
- £13.99Trending at £20.99
- £23.44Trending at £40.08
- £9.70Trending at £10.23
- £9.45Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.