All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Jiemin Bao
- PublisherTemple University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication10/04/2015
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleAsian American History & Culture
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTemple University Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsPrefaceAcknowledgments 1 Introduction: A Community in the Making 2 Creating a Temple Community 3 Erecting a Chapel: Carving Out Cultural Space 4 Monks in the Making 5 Merit Making: Transnational Circuits 6 Shaping and Performing Thai American Identities7 Conclusion: Interaction, Interdependence, and Transformations Notes GlossaryReferences Index
- Author BiographyJiemin Bao is Professor of Anthropology at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and the author of Marital Acts: Gender, Sexuality, and Identity among the Chinese Thai Diaspora.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £8.00
- £14.32Trending at £20.04
- £7.71Trending at £10.48
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
- £8.66Trending at £8.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.