Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.29Trending at £28.14
- £23.56Trending at £40.20
- £11.91Trending at £20.09
- £15.17Trending at £24.12
- £8.63Trending at £16.56
- £17.28Trending at £22.33
- £58.30Trending at £72.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis book surveys the evolution, current state and future of crime mapping with geographic information systems technology. Covers methods from such areas as epidemiology and location-allocation analysis, and their application to spatial analysis of crime data.
- Author BiographyMichael Leitner is a Professor at the Department of Geography and Anthropology at the Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge (USA). At LSU, he is teaching courses in (advanced) computer cartography, GIS, methods of spatial analysis, aerial photo interpretation, and how GPS collected data can be used for the analysis, modeling, and visualization in a GIS environment. His current research interests include automated map generalization, the visualization of data quality and its effect on spatial decision support, the utilization of GPS for computer mapping, GIS, and spatial analysis, and the development of new techniques (for example, spatial association) for the spatial analysis of crime data. His research has been published in refereed journals and proceedings and has been presented at (inter)national conferences. He also works for the Center of Geoinformatics at the University of Salzburg, Austria.
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleGeotechnologies and the Environment
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note54 black & white tables, biography
- Weight700 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byMichael Leitner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.