All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text looks at crime and migration from both a socio-historical and criminological approach, providing readers with an authoritative account of this much-debated area.
- Author BiographyDario Melossi is Full Professor of Criminology in the School of Law of the University of Bologna. After having being conferred a law degree at this University, he went on to do a Ph. D. in sociology at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He was then Assistant and thereafter Associate Professor in Sociology at the University of California, Davis, un til the mid-1990s when he went back to Bologna. He has published The Prison and the Factory (1977, together with Massimo Pavarini), The State of Social Control: A Sociological Study of Concepts of State and Social Control in the Making of Democracy (1990), and Controlling Crime, Controlling Society: Thinking About Crime in Europe and America (2008), plus about 200 other edited books, chapters, and articles. He has been Editor of Studi sulla questione criminale, is currently Editor-in-Chief of Punishment and Society, and is member of the Board of many other professional journals. In 2007 he was conferred the International Scholarship Prize of the Law and Society Association and in 2014 the European Criminology Award of the European Society of Criminology. His current research concerns the process of construction of deviance and social control within the European Union, especially with regard to migration processes.
- Author(s)Dario Melossi
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/08/2015
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleCompact Criminology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.36Trending at £4.51
- £9.51Trending at £9.95
- £2.70Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.30
- £9.81Trending at £12.44
- £7.48Trending at £8.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.