All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.24
- £23.12Trending at £34.89
- £24.19Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.70
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
- £9.74Trending at £10.10
- £7.19Trending at £7.63
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together work from experts in the field this text looks at key issues such as euthanasia, drug laws and terrorism and extremism.
- Author BiographyWilliam J. Chambliss, professor of sociology at The George Washington University, was a critical sociological theorist whose research has ranged broadly from studies of law creation and the legal system to participant observation studies of juvenile gangs, organized crime, policing, and the impact of social movements on political and economic change. He served as president of the American Society of Criminology and the Society for the Study of Social Problems. He has received numerous awards for his research and teaching, including the prestigious Edwin H. Sutherland Award from the American Society of Criminology, the Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Sociological Association, the Bruce Smith Lifetime Achievement Award from the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences, the PASS Award from the National Council on Crime and Delinquency, and the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Sociology of Law Section of the American Sociological Association. He has authored and edited over 35 books in sociology, criminology and criminal justice and numerous articles in social science journals.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication15/06/2011
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleKey Issues in Crime and Punishment
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 1
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJ. Geoffrey Golson,William J. Chambliss
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.