All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Professor Clive Emsley
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/03/2011
- GenreHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight400 g
- Width161 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Table Of ContentsList of tables and figures. Preface and acknowledgements. Abbreviations used in the notes. Introduction. The Pattern of Crime. Criminal Lives. Crime and the Young. Organised Crime: Professional Criminals. Media Narratives. Expert Narratives. Police and Policing. The Courts. Penal Policy and Penal Experience. Some Conclusions.Further Reading: Further Research. Index.
- Author BiographyClive Emsley is Emeritus Professor of History at the Open University. Author of Crime and Society in England 1750-1900, now in its fourth edition, his recent publications also include Hard Men: Violence in England since 1750 (2005), Crime, Police and Penal Policy: European Experiences 1750-1940 (2007), and The Great British Bobby (2009).
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £28.33Trending at £31.72
- £33.06Trending at £44.95
- £19.32Trending at £27.49
- £7.62Trending at £9.41
- £25.51Trending at £37.33
- £14.30Trending at £16.58
- £19.20Trending at £30.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.