All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a realistic and empirically-based look at the theory, research, and practice of modern criminal profiling, or, as it's more professionally termed, behavioural analysis or behavioural investigative analysis.
- Author BiographyCurt R. Bartol was a college professor for more than 30 years, teaching a wide variety of both undergraduate and graduate courses, including Biopsychology, Criminal Behavior, Juvenile Delinquency, Introduction to Forensic Psychology, Social Psychology, and Psychology and Law. He earned his PhD in personality/social psychology from Northern Illinois University in 1972. He was instrumental in creating and launching Castleton State College's graduate program in forensic psychology and served as its director for 6 years. As a licensed clinical psychologist, he has been a consulting police psychologist to local, municipal, state, and federal law enforcement agencies for over 25 years. In addition to editing Current Perspectives, he has written Introduction to Forensic Psychology (forthcoming in its 4th edition), Criminal Behavior: A Psychosocial Approach (now in its 10th ed.), Juvenile Delinquency and Antisocial Behavior: A Developmental Perspective (3rd ed.), Criminal and Behavioral Profiling, and Psychology and Law (4th ed.). Anne M. Bartol earned an MA and a PhD in criminal justice from State University of New York at Albany. She also holds an MA in journalism from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She taught criminal justice, sociology, and journalism courses over a 20-year college teaching career and has worked as a journalist and a social worker in child and adolescent protective services In addition to editing Current Perspectives, she has co-authored Introduction to Forensic Psychology, Juvenile Delinquency, Psychology and Law, and Criminal Behavior. She has served as book review editor and managing editor of Criminal Justice and Behavior and has published articles on women and criminal justice, rural courts, and the history of forensic psychology.
- Author(s)Anne M. Bartol,Curtis R. Bartol
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication29/08/2012
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
Most relevant reviews
- barbie192610 May, 2016by
This book is invaluable to me as a Bsc Criminology student.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £25.97Trending at £27.38
- £82.97Trending at £88.82
- £24.23Trending at £25.18
- £23.65Trending at £26.08
- £22.21Trending at £24.21
- £14.93Trending at £22.98
- £16.56Trending at £20.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.