All listings for this product
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £29.90Trending at £32.26
- £23.74Trending at £27.92
- £29.94Trending at £37.87
- £12.77Trending at £16.84
- £13.92Trending at £18.87
- £3.99Trending at £4.85
- £4.02Trending at £4.95
About this product
- DescriptionIllustrates a synthesis of critical pedagogy and instructional communication, as both a field of study and a teaching philosophy. This work charts paradigmatic tensions in instructional communication research, and invites readers into self-reflection on their experiences as researchers, students, and teachers.
- Author BiographyDeanna L. Fassett is Department Chair and professor of communication pedagogy at San Jose State University where she has, since 2002, mentored her department's graduate student instructors. She is the author and editor of three other books: Coordinating the Communication Course: A Guidebook, Critical Communication Pedagogy, The SAGE Handbook of Communication and Instruction, and Communication: A Critical/Cultural Introduction, Second Edition. Her published research has appeared in a broad array of communication studies journals, including Basic Communication Course Annual, Communication Education, Liminalities: A Journal of Performance Studies, and Text and Performance Quarterly. John T. Warren (Late) was professor of Speech Communication at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale. His major research and teaching centered in Communication Pedagogy, Performance Studies, and Communication and Critical/Cultural Studies. He was the author of numerous books including Performing Purity: Whiteness, Pedagogy and the Reconstitution of Power; Casting Gender: Women and Performance in Intercultural Contexts; Critical Communication Pedagogy; and the SAGE Handbook of Communication and Instruction. He also authored articles for several education and communication studies journals, including Educational Theory, Communication Education, and Text and Performance Quarterly.
- Author(s)Deanna L. Fassett,John T. Warren
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication12/09/2006
- GenreCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.