All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCombines into a single volume, two of Adorno's most important postwar works - Interventions: Nine Critical Models (1963) and Catchwords: Critical Models II (1969). This book reflects the intellectually provocative Adorno as he addresses such issues as the dangers of ideological conformity, and the fragility of democracy, educational reform.
- Author BiographyTheodor W. Adorno (1903-1969) was one of the most important thinkers of the twentieth century. He is the author of such seminal works as Minima Moralia, The Philosophy of New Music, and, with Max Horkheimer, The Dialectic of Enlightenment.Lydia Goehr is professor of philosophy and aesthetic theory at Columbia University. She is the author of The Imaginary Museum of Musical Works: An Essay in the Philosophy of Music and The Quest for Voice: Music, Politics, and the Limits of Philosophy.
- Author(s)Theodor W. Adorno
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication19/08/2005
- Series TitleEuropean Perspectives: A Series in Social Thought and Cultural Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight638 g
- Translated byHenry W. Pickford
- Introduction byLydia Goehr
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £6.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £10.77
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.