All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- GenreAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byLori D. Patton,Natasha N. Croom
- Table Of ContentsCONTENTS Acknowledgments Chapter 1: Critical Perspectives on Undergraduate Black Women Lori D. Patton and Natasha N. Croom Section 1: Historical and Generational Perspectives on Black Undergraduate Women Chapter 2: Black Undergraduate Women's Experiences of Race, Gender, and Class at Fisk and Howard Universities and Tuskegee Institute; 1923-1960 Linda M. Perkins Chapter 3: (In)Visibility, Involvement, and Success: A Counter-Narrative of Black Women in Predominantly White Liberal Arts Colleges, 1945-1965 Dafina Lazarus Stewart Chapter 4: Black Women's Advice on the Role of Confidence in the Pursuit of a College Degree: Believe You Will Achieve Rachelle Winkle-Wagner, Courtney L. Luedke, and Carmen McCallum Section 2: Ruling Discourses and Identity Politics in the Lives of Black Undergraduate Women Chapter 5: An Examination of Black Women As Students In College Films: Where My Girls At? Saran Donahoo Chapter 6: From Discourse to Practice: Making Discourses About Black Undergraduate Womyn Visible in Higher Education Journals and Student Affairs Practice Kimberly D. Everett and Natasha N. Croom Chapter 7: Articulation of Identity in Black Undergraduate Women: Influences, Interactions, and Intersections Christa J. Porter Chapter 8: The Experiences of Black Immigrant Women Transitioning Into College: Moving In and Moving Through Kimberly A. Griffin, Chrystal A. George Mwangi, and Shawna M. Patterson Section 3: Black Undergraduate Women, Respectability and Resistance on Campus Chapter 9: Black Women Athletes and the Performance of Hyper-Femininity Tomika Ferguson and James W. Satterfield, Jr. Chapter 10: Hair, Racism, and Marginalization in the 'Equality State' Tracey Owens Patton Chapter 11: Explorations of Respectability and Resistance in Constructions of Black Womanhood at HBCUS Nadrea R. Njoku and Lori D. Patton Chapter 12: Choosing Elites: Experiences of Working Class Black Undergraduate Women at an Ivy League University Jennifer M. Johnson Section 4: Socialization, Well-Being and Support for Black Undergraduate Women Chapter 13: Investigating Historically Black College Women's Racial-ethnic Socialization Experiences and Mental Health: Shades of Flourishing Sha'Kema M. Blackmon and Laura D. Coyle Chapter 14: Influence of Sociostructural Stressors on Mental Health and Academic Performance: Black Women's College Experience Roxanne A. Donovan and Nichole A. Guillory Chapter 15: Supporting Students Who Struggle Successfully: Developing and Institutionalizing Support for Black Undergraduate Women Mahauganee D. Shaw About the Contributors
- Author BiographyLori D. Patton is Professor of Higher Education and Student Affairs at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, USA. Natasha N. Croom is Assistant Professor of Higher Education and Student Affairs at Clemson University, USA.
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £4.55Trending at £4.80
- £25.99Trending at £26.24
- £22.57Trending at £23.30
- £10.18Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.