All listings for this product
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £26.14Trending at £27.37
- £82.97Trending at £89.20
- £24.23Trending at £25.19
- £23.65Trending at £26.09
- £22.21Trending at £24.32
- £16.36Trending at £22.99
- £16.56Trending at £20.31
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together theory and practice discussion in rich combination, this significantly updated text provides a comprehensive and integrated approach to contemporary social work. Incorporating key theories and vivid case material, this text's powerful practice focus makes it indispensable for students and practitioners alike.
- Author BiographyROBERT ADAMS is Visiting Professor of Social Work in the School of Health and Social Care at the University of Teesside, UK. He has a considerable writing and publishing track record, for example as author of Social Policy for Social Work (Palgrave Macmillan), editor of Foundations of Health and Social Care (Palgrave Macmillan 2007), consultant editor for the Handbook of Postqualifying Social Work (Jessica Kingsley 2007). LENA DOMINELLI is Professor of Applied Social Sciences and Head of Social and Community and Youth Work at the University of Durham, UK. She is an academician in the Academy of the Learned Societies for Social Sciences. From 1996 to 2004, she served as President of the International Association of Schools of Social Work (IASSW). She is widely published, with a number of important sole-authored books to her name, particularly in the areas of feminism and anti-racism. These include: Social Work: Theory and Practice in a Changing Profession (Polity Press, 2004); Anti-Oppressive Social Work Theory and Practice; and Anti-Racist Social Work (3rd edition). MALCOLM PAYNE is Adviser (Policy and Development) at St Christopher's Hospice, London, UK. He is also Emeritus Professor of Community Studies, Manchester Metropolitan University, and Honorary Professor, Kingston University St George's Medical School. He is author of the global best-seller, Modern Social Work Theory, as well as numerous other books including Teamwork in Multiprofessional Care and The Origins of Social Work.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication16/04/2009
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note432 p.
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byLena Dominelli,Malcolm Payne,Robert Adams
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2009
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.