Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.32Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £5.28Trending at £5.90
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionEquips students to think critically, reason and argue well. This book provides an introduction to logic and critical reasoning. It covers such topics as: the structure, formation, analysis and recognition of arguments; deductive validity and soundness; inductive strength and cogency; inference to the best explanation; truth tables; and, more.
- Author BiographyJamie Carlin Watson is an Assistant Professor at Young Harris College, USA. He has previously taught at Barry University, Florida A&M University and the University of Montana. Robert Arp is a Research Associate at the National Center for Biomedical Ontology at the University at Buffalo, USA. He has previously taught philosophy at Florida State University and Southwest Minnesota State University. He is the author of Scenario Visualization: An Evolutionary Account of Creative Problem Solving (MIT Press, 2008), editor of South Park and Philosophy (Blackwell, 2006), and co-editor of Batman and Philosophy (Blackwell, 2008), Philosophy of Biology: An Anthology (Blackwell, forthcoming) and Contemporary Debates in Philosophy of Biology (Blackwell, forthcoming).
- Author(s)Jamie Carlin Watson,Robert Arp
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Out-of-print date18/02/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.