All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an introduction to critical transitions in complex systems - the radical changes that happen at tipping points when thresholds are passed. This title describes the dynamical systems theory behind critical transitions, covering catastrophe theory, bifurcations and chaos.
- Author BiographyMarten Scheffer is professor of environmental sciences at Wageningen University in the Netherlands. He is the author of Ecology of Shallow Lakes .
- PrizesShortlisted for Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2009.
- Author(s)Marten Scheffer
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication03/07/2009
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitlePrinceton Studies in Complexity
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note6 halftones. 131 line illus.
- Weight485 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £9.55Trending at £9.79
- £16.29Trending at £19.14
- £4.51Trending at £6.96
- £7.89Trending at £10.04
- £4.48Trending at £4.76
- £8.61Trending at £8.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.