All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.15
- £9.60Trending at £9.77
- £12.17Trending at £13.36
- £11.32Trending at £12.34
- £6.36Trending at £6.94
- £5.54Trending at £5.98
- £9.12Trending at £12.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses various fields of Far UV spectroscopy, ranging from a catalog of stellar spectra to detailed modeling and measurements of the interplanetary background. It presents various types of data sets and different techniques for calibration.
- Author BiographyEric Quemerais obtained his doctorate in Astronomy and Space Physics from Universite Paris 6 in 1993. In 1994, he was a postdoctoral research associate at Lunar and Planetary Laboratory, University of Arizona, Tucson. In 1995, he obtained a position of Charge de Recherche at CNRS, France and was promoted to Directeur de Recherche in 2010. He has been working on various UV instruments, including the SWAN Lyman alpha photometer on the ESA/NASA SOHO mission, the SPICAM-UV spectrometer on ESA's Mars-Express mission and SPICAV-UV on ESA's Venus-Express mission. Since 2009, he is the Principal Investigator of the PHEBUS instrument, a UV spectrometer that will fly on the European spacecraft of the ESA/JAXA Bepi-Colombo mission. Martin Snow obtained his doctorate in Astrophysical, Planetary, and Atmospheric Science from the University of Colorado in 1995. From 1996 to 1998 he was a post-doctoral researcher at the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the University of Colorado working on the interaction of comet plasma tails and the solar wind. He then became a Research Scientist at LASP and is currently in the position of Research Scientist III. He is the instrument scientist for SORCE SOLSTICE and the GOES-R EXIS EUVS-C. His research interests include solar variability in the ultraviolet, lunar reflectance, and long-term monitoring of the solar spectral irradiance. Roger-Maurice Bonnet is a solar physicist and the Executive Director of the International Space Science Institute in Bern, Switzerland. He is the former director of the Scientific Program of the European Space Agency and former president of COSPAR. He is responsible for all Space Science Series books at ISSI edited by Springer since 2003, and the co-author of Surviving 1,000 Centuries - Can we do it? published by Springer.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/03/2013
- GenreAstronomy, Space & Time
- Series TitleISSI Scientific Report Series
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note13 Tables, black and white; VII, 275 p. 129 illus., 96 illus. in color.
- Weight611 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byEric Quemerais,Martin Snow,Roger Maurice Bonnet
- Edition Statement2013 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.