All listings for this product
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £4.39Trending at £6.26
- £11.15Trending at £11.84
- £19.81Trending at £42.44
- £10.62Trending at £20.21
- £5.99Trending at £8.95
- £5.65Trending at £9.55
- £6.31Trending at £7.47
About this product
- DescriptionA memoir of life aboard aircraft carriers during World War II. Here, Alvin Kernan combines vivid recollections of his experience as a young enlisted sailor with a rich historical account of the Pacific war. Kernan served in many battles and was aboard the Hornet when it was sunk by torpedoes in the Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands.
- Author BiographyAlvin Kernan is Avalon University Professor of Humanities, Emeritus, Princeton University. He served in the U.S. Navy, 1941-45. His previous books about World War II include The Unknown Battle of Midway, published by Yale University Press, and the novels Love and Glory and the forthcoming Proceed Without Hornet .
- Author(s)Alvin B. Kernan
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication11/05/2007
- GenreAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleYale Library of Military History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note20 b-w illus in gallery
- Weight453 g
- Width139 mm
- Height209 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.