All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents the story of the early exploration of the Sahara Desert and the first motorised crossing of the Sahara from North Aftice to Timbuktu by Citroen autochenilles in the early years of the 20th century. This book includes period photographs and recounts the dangers and difficulties of exploration in those times.
- Author BiographyAs well as the desire to write, Ariane Audouin-Dubreuil also inherited her father's passion for travel. When she was 20 years old, she crossed Africa as a member of a theatrical troupe led by Andre Malraux. Later, she visited Timbuktu to prepare for the writing of this book. For the last fifteen years, she has given lectures on the three Citroen expeditions of her father, and has written two other books: La Croisiere jaune, about the expedition to Asia, which received the 2003 Grand Prix Jules Verne, and La Croisiere noire, on the expedition to Africa and Madagascar. She is also a psychologist and the Assistant Mayor of Boulogne-Billancourt in Paris.
- Author(s)Ariane Audoin-Debreuil
- PublisherDalton Watson Fine Books
- Date of Publication10/02/2007
- GenreTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLoughborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDalton Watson Fine Books
- Content Note200 black and white period photographs, 20 colour images, 12 maps
- Weight1800 g
- Width250 mm
- Height330 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Translated byIngrid MacGill
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £7.50Trending at £7.96
- £12.22Trending at £12.48
- £5.00Trending at £6.48
- £6.47Trending at £7.76
- £9.99Trending at £10.78
- £6.28Trending at £6.92
- £4.55Trending at £5.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.