All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA novel featuring Dr Kay Scarpetta, female Chief Medical Examiner. The electrocution of a murderer and the killing of a 13-year-old boy the same night seem unrelated, until Scarpetta recalls that the boy's body had been arranged in a strikingly similar position to that of the executed man's victim.
- PrizesWinner of CWA Gold Dagger for Fiction 1993.
- Author(s)Patricia Cornwell
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication23/06/1994
- GenreCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTime Warner Paperbacks
- Out-of-print date18/12/2004
- Weight230 g
- Width108 mm
- Height178 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Most relevant reviews
- psych0ntheloose06 Feb, 2012by
This is the forth of the Dr Kay Scarpetta novels and they just get better and better. Certainly this is the book with the most political intrigue and career back-stabbing in it and we see for perhaps the first time Dr Scarpetta more than just a pathologist, but as a political figure to be used by others. The "thriller" part of the book is as good as ever, with a great twisty-turny ride through the plot and a cunning surprise around every corner. The characterisations are a brilliant as ever, and the Scarpetta - Marino interplay is just fantastic. Great book!