All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Nigel P. Smart
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication13/11/2015
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleInformation Security and Cryptography
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note11 black & white tables, 116 colour tables, biography
- Weight1116 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Table Of ContentsModular Arithmetic, Groups, Finite Fields and Probability.- Elliptic Curves.- Historical Ciphers.- The Enigma Machine.- Information Theoretic Security.- Historical Stream Ciphers.- Modern Stream Ciphers.- Block Ciphers.- Symmetric Key Distribution.- Hash Functions and Message Authentication Codes.- Basic Public Key Encryption Algorithms.- Primality Testing and Factoring.- Discrete Logarithms.- Key Exchange and Signature Schemes.- Implementation Issues.- Obtaining Authentic Public Keys.- Attacks on Public Key Schemes.- Definitions of Security.- Complexity Theoretic Approaches.- Provable Security: With Random Oracles.- Hybrid Encryption.- Provable Security: Without Random Oracles.- Secret Sharing Schemes.- Commitments and Oblivious Transfer.- Zero-Knowledge Proofs.- Secure Multiparty Computation.
- Author BiographyNigel P. Smart is a professor of computer science in the University of Bristol. He is a leading cryptographer, with particular expertise in elliptic curve cryptography, pairing-based cryptography, and multi-party computation. Among his achievements and recognition, he received a Royal Society Wolfson Research Merit Award, he is currently the Vice President of the International Association for Cryptologic Research (IACR), and he has chaired the most important academic conferences in this discipline. Beyond his academic experience he also worked in industry (HP Laboratories), and he has cofounded a number of startups, most recently Dyadic Security, a company that deploys distributed cryptographic solutions based on multi-party computations. Prof. Smart was made a Fellow of the IACR in 2016 for essential contributions to the theory and practice of real-world cryptography and outstanding service to the association.
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £3.78Trending at £6.99
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.53
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
- £23.56Trending at £40.09
- £15.17Trending at £23.99
- £8.63Trending at £16.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.