Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £22.22Trending at £24.28
- £23.53Trending at £23.81
- £18.29Trending at £21.98
- £20.44Trending at £21.16
- £36.01Trending at £38.26
- £26.11Trending at £28.49
- £23.71Trending at £26.09
About this product
- DescriptionBillingsley highlights the problems that drive many special educators out of teaching and outlines practical recommendations that leaders can use to increase retention.
- Author BiographyDr. Bonnie S. Billingsley is faculty member in the Department of Teaching and Learning at Virginia Tech. She has taught a range of courses over the last fifteen years in the areas of learning disabilities, emotional disorders, and the administration and supervision of special education. Dr. Billingsley began her career in special education teaching students with disabilities in both Tallahassee and St. Augustine, Florida. She also served as district supervisor of special education in both St. Augustine, Florida and in Roanoke City, Virginia. Dr. Billingsley's research interests are in the preparation, support, and retention of special education teachers. Her interests in retention are focused on workplace conditions and the induction of new teachers. Dr. Billingsley has published numerous articles in leading journals on special education teacher retention, teacher support, and the needs of beginning special education teachers. She has served as a consultant in the area of special education teacher retention to various professional organizations, school systems, state departments of education, research groups, and universities and has been an invited speaker as various conferences.
- Author(s)Bonnie S. Billingsley
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication10/03/2005
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.