All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.39
- £24.31Trending at £34.97
- £9.41Trending at £16.97
- £9.53Trending at £14.97
- £7.60Trending at £9.98
- £18.98Trending at £30.00
- £7.60Trending at £8.67
About this product
- Author(s)Joseph Shatzmiller
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication19/07/2013
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleJews, Christians and Muslims from the Ancient to the Modern World
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note14 halftones. 2 line illus.
- Weight457 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Table Of ContentsList of Illustrations vii Preface xi Introduction 1 Part 1 Pawnbrokers: Agents of Cultural Transmission 5 Chapter 1 Financial Activities in the Medieval Marketplace 7 Chapter 2 Securities for Loans: Church Liturgical Objects 22 Chapter 3 High Finance: Urban and Princely Pledges 45 Part 2 Human Imagery in Medieval Ashkenaz 59 Chapter 4 The Decorated Home of the Rabbi of Zurich 61 Chapter 5 German Jews and Figurative Art: Appreciation and Reservation 73 Part 3 At the Marketplace: Professionals in the Service of the Other 111 Chapter 6 Christian Artists and Jewish Patronage 113 Chapter 7 Jewish Craftsmanship at the Service of the Church 141 Conclusions 158 Appendix Jewish Traditions and Ceremonies: How Original? 162 Select Bibliography 167 Index 177
- Author BiographyJoseph Shatzmiller is the Smart Family Professor of Judaic Studies at Duke University. He is the author of Shylock Reconsidered and Jews, Medicine, and Medieval Society.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.