Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.04
- £9.24Trending at £10.95
- £24.56Trending at £25.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.76
- £29.50Trending at £30.44
- £15.72Trending at £15.91
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a theoretical basis for understanding why groups can be readily brought to seek the elimination of out-groups using the tactic of cultural destruction. Davidson applies his theory to four uses of cultural genocide, with two pre-Holocaust case studies and two post-Holocaust case studies. He examines the mechanisms that may be used to combat today's cultural genocide as well as the contemporary social and political forces at work that must be overcome in the process.
- Author BiographyLAWRENCE DAVIDSON is a professor of history at West Chester University in Pennsylvania. He is the author of America s Palestine: Popular and Official Perceptions from Balfour to Israeli Statehood, Foreign Policy, Inc.: Privatizing America s National Interest and coauthor of A Concise History of the Middle East.
- Author(s)Lawrence Davidson
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2012
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.